Monday, June 9, 2008

Satan Stay Back- We Have the Armor of God!!

Let me just say that we have some awesome campers who are already growing in the Lord!! Every time I turn around I see more and more examples of campers showing God's Love to each other.

What I can see from where I am sitting:

-two campers in our oldest boys cabin helping a fellow camper who has some physical challenges with the "hilly terrain"

-one of the girls from our youngest girls cabin holding the door open for her cabin mates without being asked

-counselors with sweat running down their face (even with the blessing of a breeze it's still really hot and humid) and still jumping in to work on team building and encouragement

-I see prayers being lifted up for campers and staff

These are just a few of the mighty ways God is working around this beautiful place! I've obviously made it back into camp after my whirlwind East Texas tour but now our wonderful camp nurses are taking a much deserved break and catching a nap while they can. We'll work later tonight to get the videos or some pics up on here.

Thanks for reading. Thanks even more for praying for us all!
DW

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so great! I'm proud of the campers! I always enjoyed watching all the kids grow over the week. Say hi to everyone for me and send them my love!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear they are having so much fun! I've been checking a few times a day also. I know this is an excellent opportunity for Ethan to grow stronger in his faith and bring that infectuous spirit back home to his little brothers. Let all the campers/counselors know that Moms and Dads are praying that they have an awesome, memorable experience to cherish:)